ON THE KART
4 What is the effect on the tyres?
A very heavy caster greatly reduces the sliding of the front wheels and they heat up. Conversely, the back axle is less loaded and tends to slip more easily, firstly warming up the rear tyres, which heat up more tha the other tyres. Of course, an unloaded caster will give the opposite effect, with more rear grip and greater sliding (and heating) of the front tyres.
Don’t waste time: register now for a 24-hour free trial period. Unlimited articles.
- Constant updates
- Interactive content (360°, Video, Gallery, etc.)
- 15 sections
- Over 500 in-depth articles
- Access to the entire archive
- Available in Italian, English and Spanish
- Access from your desktop and mobile devices